The difference with traditional remote access tools is that you can choose to view the entire screen or display only the window you want to see. Very handy if you want to focalize on one application in particular like TextEdit, Word, Safari or Vlc by example !
Furthermore it is possible to play the sound from your computer (note that on Mac OS X, the external program Soundflower will be necessary).
Even if iDistantView is made primarily for a local WIFI connection, it is possible to connect remotely over the Web by remapping the network ports to use (note that you will need to configure your Adsl box consequently by forwarding the ports to your computer. Sound is not supported in this configuration).
You will need to download and install iDistantView Server on your computer for iDistantView to work (http://www.idistantview.com/)
- display your computer screen on your iOS device
- Possiblity to display only one window and not the whole screen
- Left click, right click, vertical mouse scroll, keyboard
- Multi screens support
- Auto discovery of the server or manual connection by inputing the IP address
- Integrated shortcuts: Cut/Copy/Paste and Cancel
- Launch your computer applications from your iOS device with a configurable list
- Configurable image size and image quality
- Configurable sound quality (11kHz, 22kHz, 44kHz)
Warning: performances are dependent of your hardware (computer and iOS device) and of the available network bandwidth.