It imports both SMS and MMS messages from Windows Phone to your Android phone.
Transfer your exported file from Windows Phone to your Android phone and the application will do the rest for you.
Import SMS from Windows Phone PRO app will search through the entire internal memory and on SD Card (if exists) for the backup file(s) from Windows Phone.
You can select from which number(s) to import the SMS or MMS messages or you can import them all at once.
New features added on Import SMS from Windows Phone PRO:
1. MMS messages can now be imported from your Windows Phone; I recommend using 'contacts+message backup' for exporting MMS messages;
Both MSG and PDU formats are supported.
2. Correct and validate automatically invalid .MSG exported files by the Windows Phone.
3. Export your SMS & MMS messages in a local file (.html) which can be viewed on your PC, phone browser.
Google Chrome is recommend for viewing them.
4. Improved performance of the application; The retrieval is faster according to your phone's processor (CPU).
5. Improves the memory consumption of the application.
How to use:
1. Export SMS or MSS messages from Windows Phone with:
contacts+message backup app for devices WITHOUT an SD Card
contacts+message or Transfer my Data app for devices WITH an SD Card
2. Copy the exported files (VMSG, MSG or the ENTIRE FOLDER which contains PDU files and an .xml file) to your Android phone via USB, email, cloud etc.
3. Start Import SMS from Windows Phone PRO.
4. Allow the permisions in order for the application to work.
5. Tap Import messages; the app will search the files for you.
6.1 If there are more than 1 file, a list with all of them will appear; PDU files will appear with the name of the directory which contains them.
Choose one of them by tapping on it and the file will be read
6.2 The only file found will be read.
7. You can choose to select from which numbers to import or to import all.
8. For Android 4.4+, approve the change for Import SMS from Windows Phone PRO to become Default SMS App.
9. Wait until the restoration is complete. Change back the Default SMS app to what it was before restoration.
10. You can choose to export locally your messages in a .html file. The file's location will be displayed after the export is complete.
11. Go to your Android message box and you'll find your messages from Windows Phone.
For more information, you can always contact me via email or check the 'How to backup messages on Windows Phone' section inside the app.
A tutorial video will be posted soon which will explain the entire process.
If you've exported your MMS messages using Transfer my Data app, they will exported in PDU format in a folder.Each MMS is a single PDU file.
PLEASE COPY THAT ENTIRE FOLDER into your Android Phone in order to import your MMS messages from PDU files!
Imports MSG,VMSG and PDU file formats 1*
Reads all diacritics and emojis from VMSG file 2*
Display the messages real date from MSG file
Handle incoming SMS messages while importing 3*
1* Copy the entire folder containing PDU files and the mms_backup.xml file into your Android Phone to import MMS messages from PDU files.
2* MSG files are 'already handled by Microsoft app'; Import SMS from Windows Phone just displays them.
3* You are notified when an SMS is received and you will find it on Android message box.
PDU support will be improved.
Translations into different languages will be added soon.
If you are having any issues, before leaving a review, please contact me via 'Report a problem' menu section, inside the app.
Also you can write to me directly on my email address, which is the same.