The challenges in Kotlin Kōans were designed and created by Jetbrains itself (the makers of Kotlin), so you can be assured that the content is high quality and up-to-date.
• Learn the Kotlin syntax and standard library
• Each coding challenge lasts a few minutes
• In each challenge, you'll be directed to read some documentation and then write some code to make the tests pass
• Get feedback as you learn with compilation errors, runtime errors, println() and test results
• Track your progress through the 41 challenges
• Try any challenge - challenges need not be completed in order
• Go back and review your saved code from prior challenges
• Stuck? see the solution by tapping the '?' icon
• Messed up code? Revert code to try a new approach
• Feeling adventurous? Go meta! Kotlin Kōans is written in Kotlin and is open-source! Hack on the code all you want.
Kotlin is a powerful and extensible programming language created by Jetbrains, the same company that created IntelliJ Idea which powers Android Studio today. During Google I/O 2017, Google announced that Kotlin would become a first-class citizen on the Android platform, and here we are! There are almost no reasons not to learn the language now.
Start your Kotlin journey today!
If you find a bug please email me (vickychijwani at gmail dot com), report it on Github (link below), or describe the issue in your Play Store review. Try to include as many details as you can.
Fork on Github: https://github.com/vickychijwani/kotlin-koans-android
Report bugs and propose new features: https://github.com/vickychijwani/kotlin-koans-android/issues
Challenge content is available from Jetbrains s.r.o. here: https://github.com/Kotlin/kotlin-koans-edu