Field guide features:
1. Unique “identification calculator”
2. 546 Photos for 466 species
3. Lion pride map / offline map
4. 65 animals with in-app purchase
5. 210 birds with in-app purchase
6. 133 plants with in-app purchase
7. 35 insects with in-app purchase
8. A single in-app purchase release all content
9. Variety: app with animals, birds, plants, insects etc.
10. The field guide focus mainly on the bold and beautiful, easy identifiable wildlife.
11. Sightings hotspot map (last 400 sightings) of the larger predators.
12. Recent sightings history of the larger predators.
13. Unfortunately the free demo version of the app only shows a random list of less than 20 % of all the species you get in the full (paid) version. The free section of the app is for evaluation purposes. Every app update may list a different set of species for demo purposes.
Field guide user guide:
1. On the main view tap on a photo to read more about the selected species.
2. On the main view tap in the [id] button to open the identification mode.
2.1. In the identification mode any combination of criteria can be selected and filtered - click on the [magnifying glass] button to return the result.
3. The thumb nail images and other images can be enlarged and zoomed when tapped.
Many nature lovers tend to engage in checklisting while in the park and for this reason some checklisting features are included.
1. Checklist species selector pre-loaded with all Kruger National Park’s animals, birds and plants
2. In addition to above species many other southern African species also pre-loaded for use in other parks.
3. Create custom checklist for example this year’s safari, road, camp site, waterhole, per day etc.
4. Checklist data are summarized in 2 flavours. 1. In a unique Wildlife experience index (WEI) and 2. A Sightings count – This summaries can be used to compare checklist if you were to make a contest of it.
5. With In-App purchase it is also possible to transfer your old checklist into new app updates (Save checklist in old app version before updating and import checklist into new app version).
6. The checklist and field guide are integrated into each other. A species can be added to your checklist from within the field guide. Species that is not found in the field guide can be added using the checklist search and select feature.
7. Additional names can be added manually to the checklist. Just start typing in the search and select input box.
8. The checklist also maintains a worklist of species which can be quickly selected to be added to your checklist (tap and add)
Checklist User guide
On the main view tap in the [checklist] button (second button from the right) to open the checklist / or from the app menu. The default list will open with a “Species to search box” and two birds listed. To get a feeling type “owl” – without the inverted commas in the species to search box. Probeer gerus ook Afrikaanse name bv. rooibeklyster
1. Sightings hotspots of Cheetah, Buffalo, Lion, Hyena, Leopard and Wild Dogs. Use this to plan your road trips as this is intended to give you quick insight on what is happening in the park. It summarizes the last 400+ sightings for each of above species into a heat map (red areas having the most sightings). This feature will automatic download new information once a day when if internet connection is found.
Keep a link to the new Kruger National Park FieldApp Facebook page for updates and news in regards of this app