The Laird/LSR ModuleLink for BLE application delivers convenience and simplicity in developing with Bluetooth® Smart modules from Laird and LSR. The app provides an interface for real-time interaction and testing of many of Laird/LSR's newest and most popular certified Bluetooth® Smart modules, including the Laird BL652™, LSR SaBLE-x™, and the LSR TiWi-uB1™.
When utilized with the module's Development Kit hardware, the app provides the ability to wirelessly monitor pushbutton inputs, sensors, and battery level, while also controlling LED outputs on the kit. The app also features a convenient range-testing tool that reports the Received Signal Strength (RSSI) and BLE packets sent/received in real-time. For the Laird BL652™ a Virtual Serial Port can also be exercised.
Summary of Module BLE Communication Capabilities:
- Monitor temperature of the onboard temperature sensor
- Monitor the status of the onboard pushbutton switches
- Toggle the user defined LEDs on or off
- Monitor battery voltage
- Monitor RSSI of data transmission from the module to the mobile app
- Track RF statistics, such as number of BLE packets sent and received
- Transmit Virtual Serial Port data bi-directionally (Laird BL652 only)