Find out which are the award winning restaurants with 1, 2 and 3 “Garfos” (Forks). With this app, you will have exclusive information about the best restaurants in the city.
Find your favorite dishes in each restaurant, the various types of cuisine and the facilities and services each restaurant offers.
Find which restaurants are closer to you and make your choice on what is most convenient for you: take away? Check! Terrace? Check! Looking for panoramic views? Check! A certain average price per meal? Check!
See all the detailed information on the best restaurants in Lisbon and just press on the contacts to make a reservation.
You can also have access to all the news and events of the “Lisboa à Prova” - Gastronomic Contest, taking place throughout the city, throughout the year.
“Lisboa à Prova” guide includes:
- restaurants close to you.
- filters for: distance / prices / type of cuisine / take away / terrace / panoramic view / smoking area / access for the disabled / own park / transports near by.
- photographs of the space and dishes of each establishment, with a description of the restaurant + emblematic specialties / dishes; also includes various information about the restaurant such as address, telephone, email, website, accepted cards, among others.
- news and events of the “Lisboa à Prova” - Gastronomic Contest.
- information about the Gastronomic Contest, its mission and objectives.
About the “Lisboa à Prova” – Gastronomic Contest:
A strategic project that aims to motivate a permanent quality increasing of Lisbon’s restaurants. Its Institutional Promoter are the Lisbon City Council, National Restaurants Association and Tourism of Lisbon. It is organized by ÚNICA, Communication Consultancy.
Since 2009, uninterruptedly, “Lisboa à Prova” awards the best restaurants in the city, with 1, 2 or 3 “Garfos” (Forks), in three cuisine categories: traditional Portuguese, world and contemporary cuisine.
The restaurants are evaluated in several areas, such as cuisine, service, ambience, price-quality ratio and the suitability of the proposed menu to the type of restaurant. The Jury nominated by the Contest and its Promoters, visits the restaurants anonymously. Each restaurant receives at least three evaluation visits from different juries. In each edition, a total of around 700 visits take place.
At the end of each edition, after the announcement of the awarded restaurants, all participants, whether awarded or not, will receive an evaluation report, a general diagnosis highlighting the strengths and the aspects to be improved.
The awarded restaurants can then apply for a series of initiatives and events that will promote them together with other cultural events. These events take place throughout the year.
“Lisboa à Prova” guide is the app where you can find the best restaurants in the city, each year.