This is the app for you. With this app you can:
* Track nutrition.
* Access diet and discharge instructions.
* Access healthy recipes.
* Track your weight loss.
* Track your steps with popular wearable devices.
* Create a daily journal.
* Learn about weight loss surgery.
* Learn about our program.
* Access Support Groups
* Get started in our program.
* Integrates with Apple Health Kit.
* And much more.
If you are 80-100 or more pounds overweight and haven’t had success with more conservative methods, such as diets, exercise and behavior modification, bariatric surgery may be part of the solution that you’ve been looking for.
At Long Island Laparoscopic Doctors Bariatric Program, we have a dedicated, multi- disciplinary team that will work with you each step of the way along your journey.
Your body mass index (BMI) and guidelines from the National Institutes of Health are used as a guide to decide if you are a candidate for bariatric surgery.
Surgical weight loss candidates* usually have a BMI of 35 or greater, typically 100** or more pounds overweight, and other health issues related to excessive weight, which may include:
Degenerative Joint Disease
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
Urinary Stress Incontinence
At Long Island Laparoscopic Doctors Bariatric Program you can expect:
* Strong interdisciplinary team approach: surgical, psychological, medical, nutritional, health and fitness
* Cutting edge, evidence-based approach to bariatric medicine
* 24/7 emergency care by skilled bariatric surgeons and bariatric clinical providers
* Support and guidance to assist patients in getting back to a healthy lifestyle
* Continued mission “Clinical Excellence. Service to People.” offering “New hope. New confidence. New life.”
**Patients with less than 100lbs and a BMI of 30 with co-morbidities may be candidate for select procedures.