Mayday Alerts automatically calls the local police when you are in danger and notify your loved ones so that they can take action if you are in danger. Emergency Numbers available for 151 countries!
Top 3 reasons to use Mayday Alerts:
1) Keep yourself safe when entering a potentially risky zone.
2) If you are captured or in danger, Mayday Alerts can monitor your location so that your emergency contacts or the local police can find you.
3) Seek help on Facebook via Mayday Alerts Facebook Monitoring System!
How it works:
1) Inform your contact that you are entering a potentially risky zone, so that they can monitor their emails.
2) Press Mayday Alert button to start the Alert process. A **notification with status START is sent.
3) Hold down the button and release when you are safe or in danger. A **notification with status MONITORING is sent every minute.
4) If you are safe, you have 10 seconds to enter your 4 digit passcode. A **notification with status SAFE is sent. This ends the Mayday Alerts Process.
5) If you are in danger, you can call the emergency number right away or let it automatically call after 10 seconds. A **notification with status DANGER is sent.
6) When you call the emergency contact, your GPS location can be found on the Mayday Alert Screen. (Just return to Mayday Alerts to find it)
7) After the call, return to the Mayday Alerts application.
8) Leave the screen on and slip it into your pocket. Mayday Alerts will continue to **monitor your location every minute until deactivated.
1) Share Alert status on Facebook to greatly increase chances of getting help.
2) Facebook Alert Monitoring: Mayday Alerts will be shared* on Facebook during all stages of the Mayday Alert process**.
3) Set privacy scope so that only your trusted friends see the Mayday Alert that contains location information.
4) Snap a picture of your assailant and instantly share** on Facebook to aid in investigations (as evidence) and call for help.
5) Add Facebook Mentions (up to 10 friends) to increase the visibility of Mayday Alerts on Facebook.
*On demand Facebook shares are FREE, but automated alerts require an affordable upgrade.
Note: Email notifications are only sent to emergency contacts if you purchase the services. We encourage you to use the Facebook monitoring service as we expect that to be more effective.
However, our servers will still receive the alerts even if you did not purchase the services. This allows us to notify the local authorities (not guaranteed) if we believe you are in real danger, because we believe your safety has the top priority.
**Notifications require Internet access.
iOS System-wide Bug:
iOS doesn't allow apps to restore system brightness when leaving the app. In order to restore system brightness, lock your screen and unlock it again.
We do not sell or share your personally identifiable information with parties other than law enforcement authorities and your emergency contacts.