Whether you're a physician, nurse, medical student, or just want to learn more about healthcare terminology, this free medical dictionary app will help you find clear, in-depth medical definitions from more than a dozen medical encyclopedias and dictionaries on various disciplines, including entries on:
Tests and procedures
Medical research topics
+ much more…
WHAT YOU GET:
* Search 180,000+ medical terms from top sources.
* Access 40,000+ entries offline.
* View 12,000+ images, including detailed photos, diagrams, and X-rays.
* Find meanings for thousands of medical abbreviations and acronyms.
* Get info on 4,000 over-the-counter and prescription drugs in a comprehensive drug guide.
* Play 50,000+ audio pronunciations for both American and British speakers in online mode.
* Add unlimited bookmarks.
* Use native voice search to look up a word just by saying it (with supported devices).
* View search suggestions as you type.
* Use advanced searches like "Starts with," "Ends with," and more.
* See your recent searches.
* Share dictionary pages via social networks, email, and text (with supported devices).
User-friendly, comprehensive, and authoritative: Medical Dictionary by Farlex is the perfect free medical app for doctors, nurses, medical education students, and health care consumers. This is NOT a preview or a trial version, and there is no "locked" content. Open the app and immediately access all content — no subscriptions required!
How do we do it?
TheFreeDictionary.com - Farlex apps have been downloaded tens of millions times across multiple platforms, with top ratings after hundreds of thousands of reviews. We work with the best publishers to bring together trusted content in the most comprehensive, authoritative dictionary apps on the market. Our flagship app is The Free Dictionary (TFD), powered by TheFreeDictionary.com. Find our other apps by searching "Dictionary by Farlex" in Google Play.