Make transit trips in the Twin Cities as mobile as you are with the official Metro Transit app. Now you can plan your trip, see arrival information for bus and trains, and buy transit tickets all on the go! Just download the free app, create an account with your method of payment, and get moving.
The Metro Transit app is a tool to make riding the METRO system, Northstar, and the A Line in Minneapolis and St. Paul a little bit easier. After you’ve identified your desired trip and transit departure time, you can buy and use Metro mobile tickets right from your smartphone -- it’s like having a Metro vending machine right in your pocket!
Find the right bus, light rail, or train for you through the Trip Planner
See the next available bus, light rail, or train for your desired trip with Next Trip
Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders, and store multiple tickets on your phone for future use.
Simply create an account and enter your credit/debit card information in our secure system.
If looking to pay with cash, you can use a pre-paid debit card or use the PayPal Cash Card.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. SELECT SERVICE: Northstar, Bus/METRO
2. SELECT RIDER TYPE: Adult, Youth/Senior/Medicare, Mobility, Family
3. SELECT: Station for Northstar or time based fare for Bus/METRO
3. CHOOSE QUANTITY: You can buy multiple tickets to use later. (A $4.50 minimum purchase is required.)
4. CHECKOUT: Pay with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or PayPal
Do I need to be connected?
An internet connection is required create an account, sign-in and purchase tickets, but you can use/activate your tickets offline.
What if my battery dies?
Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
• Don't uninstall the Metro Transit app or erase your phone without transferring your unused tickets first. Your tickets are stored on your phone (which makes it possible to use them without an internet connection), so uninstalling the app can permanently erase your tickets!
• Activate your ticket when you see your bus or train approaching. Your ticket must be activated before boarding a vehicle.
• Watch your battery level... Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.