We present a digital version of the printed map of Murmansk and Murmansk Oblast. The edition is realized in the unique cartographic style of the company AGT Geocenter—the style that was acknowledged as one of the best in the world.
The scale of the Oblast’s map is 1:1 000 000. It shows the road network of the region. Big cities are indicates, as well as small towns and villages.
The map shows all kilometer posts, which are placed along the highways—they will always help to understand where you are. Objects which can be of use are also presented: petrol stations, traffic posts, car service stations, parking sites, shops, cafes, drugstores, motels, etc.
The edition also features a map of Murmansk, which scale is 1:14 000.
A detailed index will help to find an inhabited place or a street.
Other useful information is presented in the app: a table of distances between cities, dialing codes of the region, types of vehicle number plates and regional vehicle number plates.
Printed editions have something magical, something that does not exist in their electronic equivalents. They were created by living people, who labored over each centimeter of the map, they were not created by robots. We decided to combine these achievements of the print editions with the new possibilities of contemporary electronic platforms.
Our app is not intended as a replacement for GPS navigators, Apple Maps, GoogleMaps, YandexMaps, etc. This is why you can transit from any map section to a corresponding section of a service of your choosing (Apple Maps, Gоogle Maps, YandexMaps) and back again.
Highlights of the app:
1. You can work offline.
2. You can navigate your way to any desired map section through the traditional index map or simply by turning pages.
3. You have the ability to magnify individual parts of a map, conduct search by inhabited places, streets, etc., and bookmark interesting pages.
4. You have the ability to add your own information to the map (comments, addresses, telephone numbers – including the ability to dial directly from within the app).
5. When online, you can transit from any map section to a corresponding section of a service of your choosing (Apple Maps, Gоogle Maps, YandexMaps) and back again.
The advantages of the electronic version of the map:
- It does not bend, tear or become lost at the most inopportune moment.
- The ease with which you can search, magnify and examine details, add notes and additional information – utilizing the power and features of today’s devices.
The quality and art of traditional paper maps is being replaced by much less attractive automated digital maps. Our app brings these excellent paper maps into the mobile age, helping to ensure they continue to provide you with both knowledge and enjoyment – it would be a tragedy if they were relegated only to libraries, inaccessible to most people. We want to give a second life to paper maps. This app is for people who love good old printed maps and want to go with the times.