Using MyPoi KML map integrator, you can easily access waypoints in the Google Earth / Google Map formats (KML or KMZ), saved on the phone, and navigate to it via any of the installed navigational applications, such as Google Maps, Waze, Sygic, etc.
To add new KML or KMZ file, copy it to your phone by USB cable, send as an email attachment, download from web site or Google Drive etc. You also can save waypoints in the application, either you current position or by entering coordinates in any od the most popular formats, such as different variations of decimal or DMS (degrees minutes seconds). After this you will be able to view it on Google map and navigate to any point using your preferable navigation system.
You can even do this offline, if your application can navigate offline (but you will need to load map once).
The basic functionality is free, and it includes:
- Waypoints' import from the phone storage or other application, such as Google Drive
- Integration with any of the installed navigational applications
- Waypoints' editing
- Changing icons for waypoints' collections and individual waypoints
- Searchable list of the currently displayed waypoints
Also you can purchase such premium features as:
- Backup/restore of the waypoint database to the your Google Drive
- Export waypoint collection as a KML file
Why you may need it?
For example, I actively use 5 navigational applications on my phone: I will use Google map for biking, Waze for driving when there may be traffic on the roads, Sygic for offline navigation, etc. And sometimes I have a problem, that my waypoint saved in Google Map, but I cannot reach it because there no data connection. So this was the main reason I've started to work on this application. Using KML viewer, I can just put all my vacation landmarks in one or more KML file, load it to my phone and use any navigation system I want.