O. R. Jones and Sons Ltd. are one of North Wales’s oldest Bus and Coach Operators, offering quality service since 1936. The company is based in the village of Llanfaethlu on the Isle of Anglesey approximately 10 miles from the Port of Holyhead.
O. R. Jones and Sons started trading in April 1936 at The Garage in the small village of Llanfaethlu near Holyhead on the Isle of Anglesey.
Originally O. R. Jones undertook work as a general vehicle repairer, light haulage contractor, taxi and hearse service.
The first bus arrived in July 1947, a Bedford OB registration number DNT 763, which was used in all aspects of passenger transportation from private hire to school transport.
In the 1950’s the fleet grew rapidly to 8 motor coaches and further continued growing until the late 1960’s, when 21 operators licences were held, this increase in fleet was partly attributed to the building of Wylfa Nuclear Power Station at Cemaes Bay a few miles from the garage.
O. R. Jones was formed as a Limited Company in 1958. The founder, Owen Richard Jones, passed away in 1962 with the two sons Ieuan and John taking over the family business. In 1975 the fate of the haulage side of the business was decided and that side of O. R. Jones and Sons was sold to another local transport company. The company is now in the hands of the third generation of the Jones family.
The company has five main activities:-