A community of over 25,000 people, At OneTable our mission is simple: to inspire people to create their own Shabbat dinner experiences. We believe that at the Shabbat dinner table you can slow down, join together and celebrate what you love. You can connect with new people, new places and new traditions. We make it easy for hosts to welcome people to a Shabbat dinner at home, for guests to savor a Friday meal and for all to experience unique events for Shabbat dinner out. Join us for slowing down, joining together, and sharing stories. Join us for new connections and moments of meaning.
-Hosts post their dinner and then are contacted by our Community Specialist to coordinate nourishment. Hosts are supported through:
- Nourishment Credits: OneTable provides a Nourishment credit of $15 per person with a maximum of $150 per dinner, depending on the number of guests. These credits can be applied to resources such as FreshDirect, Seamless, Wholefoods, Etsy and more.
- Shabbat Coaches: One on One support where each host can explore the questions or challenges he or she faces when hosting a Jewish ritual.
- “Nosh:pitality”: Fun events where our community comes together to learn things such as cooking, challah baking, cocktail making, and ritual facilitation.
- Shabbat Dinner Event Partnerships: OneTable provides financial support for entrepreneurial hosts to create their own Shabbat dinner events, often held in restaurants or other private dining venues, for 25-60 people with ticket prices ranging from $10-$100. An example of one of these events was when Liz Alpern and Jeffrey Yoskowitz, founders of the Jewish foodie business, The Gefilteria, created a farm-to-table Shabbat dinner for 50 people in Brooklyn.
- Welcoming Spaces – For multiple, individually hosted dinners that take place at the same time. An example of a welcoming space is the rooftop of the JCC in Manhattan where 15 hosts can reserve a table, invite friends, and be provided with wine, challah and dessert, plus live music and the opportunity to meet more than 100 other hosts and guests.
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org