This initial version introduces the session tracking and club features of the app.
The session features allows you to track and record your paddling session, add a photo and description then save the session or trip to your activity stream. When recording a session the Emergency SMS features allows for a rapid call for help by sending a SMS message together with latitude and longitude coordinates to a preset phone number.
Once a session is recorded it gets added to your activity and is available for viewing on the Activity Stream, along with the session information of friends that you follow. The saved information included in the Activity is the Duration, Distance and Average speed of the session, together with any description and photo taken during the session.
The Club features in this release for the club members include. Joining or leaving a club. Once joined you are available to view some general information about the club, pay club fees and view the club’s schedule of events. When viewing events it is possible to send a “I’m going” message back to the club administrator and also pay any associated costs for individual club sessions.
The help link allows access to an on-line bank of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
The features available in this release of the Oosshh app are as follows:
- Track and record a session
- Send an Emergency SMS with a message configured in settings
- Add a title, Description and photo when saving your session
- View your saved sessions on the Activity stream
- Change the units of measurement for Distance and Speed
- Edit and save your profile, including adding a profile picture
- View all available clubs / Join or leave a club
- View the club’s schedule / View club information
- Say you are going to a club session, and pay any associated costs
- Pay club fees
- View available online help FAQ’s
- View weather and surf information using link to external websites
- Following Oosshh friends - This will allow you to find friends and connect with them, allowing their activity to show up on your activity stream. (You will be able to switch yourself to public or private if you wish for your activity to remain private).
- Sharing to Social Media Share your session’s activity using your phone’s share function so you will be able to share with any apps currently use, e,g. Facebook, SMS messaging, twitter etc.
Ben, Ray, Laura, Nigel (The Oosshh Team)
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.