You can use OurHood to discuss safety issues, social topics, council problems and local services and more, such as:
• Share alerts and suspicious activities
• Post notices about lost pets, trustworthy nannies and babysitters.
• Get tradesmen recommendations
• Find local events taking place
• Sell, buy or trade items
• Contact Local partners
• Get Important numbers of your hood
Conversations are divided into useful categories and notifications can be carefully controlled – so residents will not be annoyed by not relevant information.
Before being able to access sensitive information such as alerts, each neighbour will be verified in order to ensure the sense of trustworthiness of the local community: this is done either by sending a postcard to your home address or by uploading a proof of address.
OurHood is the one-stop portal for your neighbourhood needs.
If you want to get in touch directly, check our social pages:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ourhood.co.za/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurHoodZA