* Relevant, age-appropriate language
* Example sentences and real context showing how words are used in practice
The Oxford Student’s Dictionary is suitable for students aged 14+, and is the ideal language reference tool for secondary school and home. With fast and easy word look-up of over 140,000 words, definitions, example sentences, synonyms word origins and language notes, this dictionary app supports secondary school students and inspires them to become confident writers.
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* 'Word-of-the-day' and 'Flashcards' to help expand your vocabulary.
* Fun and engaging word games like 'Hangman', 'Word scramble' and 'Anagrams' let you perfect newly-learned words.
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at email@example.com.