• Increased number of pallets in depth: storage channels can exceed 40 m in height; the limit is imposed by the handling means used.
• The system works with minimal clearances between levels, which allows for high-density storage.
• Through the use of sensors the shuttles can position loads intelligently, eliminating empty spaces in the storage lanes. As such, the effective capacity of the warehouse (which takes into account flows of goods in and out of the warehouse) reflects its physical capacity.
• Loading and unloading times are reduced, since the operator does not need to work inside the lanes.
• Movement speed of the shuttle of 90 m/min when empty, or 45 m/min when loaded.
• Load lifting cycle of just 2 seconds.
• On being given a single command, the shuttle can fill or empty a whole lane.
• Increased flow of goods in and out of the warehouse.
• Unlike conventional drive-in systems, references can be grouped by channel, rather than requiring a full lane, which allows for greater diversification.
• Optimisation of operator movements. Product-to-person system: this is the load that moves to the operator.
• While the Pallet Shuttle carries out a command, the operator can collect another pallet, thus achieving continuous movement.
• Depending on temperature and load conditions, the shuttle has an operational range of up to 10 hours, working at full capacity.
• The lithium batteries are easily accessible and have fast connections that eliminate the need for cables, so that they can be changed quickly without interrupting the operation cycle.
• Elimination of errors.
• The system is easy to use and easy to maintain.
• A single tablet can control up to 18 shuttles.
• Inventory function: The shuttle can take stock of the number of pallets stored in a channel.
• The result of the benefits mentioned previously, together with the consumption of energy, is a reduction in costs, making Pallet Shuttle one of the most cost-effective compact storage systems.
• The shuttle has built-in sensors that enable different types of pallets to be detected and handled.
• The Pallet Shuttle models 1012 and 1212 are able to work with pallets of different widths and sizes. The 1012 model can be used to handle Euro-pallets of 800 or 1,000 mm in width. The 1212 model can be used to handle Euro-pallets of 800, 1,000 or 1,200 mm in width.
• All shuttles can operate in LIFO or FIFO mode. The operator uses the tablet to select the mode he wishes to work with.
• The shuttle platform is designed to carry pallets with a buckling limit of up to 25 mm.
• Any type of handling equipment can be used to carry the shuttle.
• Up to 1,500 kg per pallet can be handled.
• The system is scalable. Over time, the number of shuttles can be increased easily as the need to increase productivity arises.
• Thanks to the way that the structure is built, and given that forklifts do not need to drive into the lanes, the risk of accidents is practically non-existent, and the metallic racks are not damaged, meaning maintenance is kept to a minimum.
• There is a user management feature that prevents unauthorised personnel from using the shuttles.
• Both the racking and the shuttles have built-in safety features specifically designed to ensure the correct operation of the Pallet Shuttle system.