« The Palais-Royal is "the capital in the capital", a city within a city incessantly enthusing one and all. Blending political and cultural history to contemporary culture, the palace is a true image of Paris. Rare are the sites that can demonstrate such concentration of historical events. Amidst takeovers, rebellions, festivals and transient pleasures, the palace would hosts aristocracy at times and common man at others. The facades and sculptures of the Palais-Royal reveal the different layers of French history from the 17th to the 20th centuries.
We will walk in the steps of Richelieu, Louis XIV, Molière, Corneille, Lully, Diderot, Desmoulins, and Cocteau, who lived or went there, and discover the political, literary and cultural events that have shaped this extraordinary edifice.
Reading: Nicole Forup
Ulrike Kasper is a painter and art historian. For nearly twenty years, she has been teaching modern and contemporary art at various universities in Paris (Sorbonne - Paris III, Université Américaine à Paris, Université des temps libres à Evry Courcouronnes, Institut d’histoire de l’art de Chatou). Ulrike has published articles and books on the arts, architecture and music and has collaborated in the creation of the contemporary gallery of the Museum of the Cité de la Musique. The city of Paris has become one of her passions, in her lectures, she describes visits integrating history, architecture and the arts, and forging links between the historical Paris and the contemporary world.
The Blue Lion guides:
- Richly illustrated texts, written by experts
- Wikipedia references
- Maps of the area and walks itineraries
- Practical information (transportation, opening hours of monuments, restaurants, activities for children, etc.)
- Audio version, read by professional actors, to make your discovery of the city more agreeable and comfortable
- No Internet connection required and no roaming: all the content is downloaded with the App
- Directly compatible on iPhones and iPads
Other guides are available on AppStore!
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org