God still speaks today. Anthony Acquah-Ghann heard the voice of God telling him that it was time to launch out in ministry. So Tony on the 26th March 2007, along with some friends, set out on a journey to establish a family Church with aspirations to fulfil the words of the great commission – taking the gospel to the local community, the nation and to the ends of the earth. Emmanuel Prayer Centre was born.
Why Emmanuel Prayer Centre?
Emmanuel: God with us or with us is God (Isaiah 7:14 – Matt1:22-23)
Prayer: My house shall be called a house of prayer (Isaiah 56:7)
Centre: A meeting place, somewhere to gather.
‘where two or three gather together in my name, there I am in your midst. (Matt18:20)
Loving by Serving
When someone is hungry feed them, when they’re thirsty give them a drink, when they’re lonely be a companion. When someone has a need and you have the ability to meet it, then meet it. We go out on the streets and give soup and warming drinks in winter, fresh fruit, clothes and whatever else is in our hands and hearts to give. We are part of a diverse community and seek to build bridges with other providers of help and resources, knowing that we are much more together than apart.
To share the power of God’s love through word and action.
Our Mission Statement
We are on a mission. The word mission simply means ‘to Go!’ Therefore we are a people who are called to ‘Go!’ and this is how we will ‘Go!’:
1. We will teach and proclaim the Good News, nurturing and training people in the way of Jesus.
2. We will seek and find the lost, opening doors so that many will find their salvation in the Kingdom of God.
3. We will pray and intercede. We will worship, indeed worship is at the heart of all we think, do and say.
4. We will strengthen the weak, heal the sick, see captives set free, support those in need, doing all with love and according to the word of God.
5. We are committed to our community, knowing that part of the essence of our faith is to love our neighbour as we love ourselves. We will seek to build healthy community wherever we can in creative ways, meeting practical needs—supporting, mentoring, resourcing, equipping, enabling, advocating and serving.
6. We want to be a people that are dynamic. We want to be effective. We want to grow and reach out. We will seek to plant new churches and impact diverse communities.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe in God, Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten from the Father before all ages, light from light, true God from true God, begotten not made, being of the same substance as the Father, through Him all things were made. For our sake and for our salvation, He came down from heaven, and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary and became man.
He was crucified, for us, under Pontius Pilate, suffered, died and was buried. He rose again on the third day, in accordance with the Scriptures, and ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the God the Father.
He is coming again in Glory to judge the living and the dead and His kingdom will have no end. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the father, and the Son, who together with the Father and Son is worshipped and glorified, who spoke through the prophets. We believe in one holy, universal and apostolic church. We confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We wait for the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come.