The symptom tracker will help you record your bowel movements and the type and severity of symptoms that you get each day. It will also allow you to record notes on food, nutrition and lifestyle.
This may help identify triggers such as food, digestion, alcohol, or emotional stresses, and may show if exercise helps to ease or prevent symptoms.
If you are advised to try a particular treatment, log your bowel movements and the type and severity of symptoms that you get each day for a week or so. You can then assess whether treatment has improved symptoms or not. You can also share your results with your GP.
The app features:
* Journal your bowel movements - following each bowel movement, rate the form of your stool and other related factors such as straining, urgency and pain in bowels
* Log your symptoms - record information regarding a variety of symptoms, such as your overall wellbeing, stress, bloating, nausea, anxiety and lethargy
* Note your diet and activities - record your level of fitness activity, fluid intake and food diary as well as any general notes
* View graphs of your data - view a historical chart of your stool type, symptoms and activity. You can view results over the period of one day, one week, or one month. You can filter the graphs to just show specific symptoms, eg bloating and abdominal pain
* View a historical log of all entries
* Share the entries by emailing the results to an address of your choice
* View up-to-date information on Irritable Bowel Syndrome written by GP's for patients (requires internet connection)
* Search Patient information from within the app for more trusted health information (requires internet connection)
The IBS symptom tracker should help you develop a better sense of understanding over your symptoms, and assist communicating with your GP about how you are doing.
Patient - Trusted medical information and support