Pixaki is a powerful pixel art creation app for iPad. It features many of the same features found in desktop apps — such as custom canvas sizes, layers, precise color selection and customisable palettes — but with a gorgeous multi-touch interface that is just right for iPad. Whether you're creating 8-bit game characters or vast isometric cityscapes, Pixaki has the tools you'll need in an app you'll love.
Creating pixel art with Pixaki is every bit as accurate as using a mouse and cursor. Pixaki lets you smoothly zoom in up to 250x with a simple pinch gesture to give you unparalleled precision. It turns out that pixel art and iPad are an awesome combination.
“It’s a great way to kick back on the couch and create the 8-bit scene of your dreams.” — The Verge
“…intuitive touchscreen controls and clever upscaling tech for usage elsewhere.” — The Guardian
“Create your own minimal masterpiece with Pixaki.” — Creative Bloq
Leave your computer behind and take your creativity with you.
• Pixel brush, eraser and bucket fill tools.
• Custom canvas sizes, from 1 x 1 px to 512 x 512 px.
• Support for up to 20 layers.
• Create, duplicate, reorder and merge layers.
• Adjust the opacity of each to easily create lighting and translucency effects.
Create, then recreate with Pixaki’s powerful selection and transformation tools.
• Cut, copy, and paste any area from any layer.
• Paste-to-tile feature allows you to quickly tile using your clipboard.
• Move any selection of pixels around the canvas and to different layers.
• Flip horizontally and vertically.
• Rotate any selection by 90º.
Whether you want to work with 16 million colors, or just 16, Pixaki makes it easy.
• Document and global palettes, with reorderable colors.
• Precise color selection for hue, saturation, and brightness.
• Sample any color from your canvas with the eye dropper tool.
• Hex code input.
Designed for iPad, iPad Pro and iOS 9:
• Import and export to iCloud Drive.
• Use the Document Picker to import from Dropbox and other similar services.
• Optimised for the latest 64-bit processors, bringing desktop class performance to your iPad.
Share your creations with the world:
• Share images to Facebook, Twitter and more with the built in iOS sharing.
• Use Pixaki's magnification technology to make sure your pixel art never looks blurry.
• Send Pixaki files and collaborate with others.
• Export to a Photoshop document and keep working in desktop apps like Photoshop and Pixelmator.
• Import simple PSD files back into Pixaki.
• Save images, Pixaki project, and Photoshop files to iCloud Drive.
• Share images, Pixaki project files, and Photoshop files with AirDrop.