If you are running Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or later and experiencing playback issues on your Chromecast, please see the following page for assistance:
If you want to get back in touch with your music, free from clumsy and overcomplicated interfaces, application crashes, and bloated features that never work quite right, then welcome; you've come to the right place!
You won't find any in-app advertising, embedded product placement, subscription services, privacy-invading spyware, or other grabs at your hard-earned cash here.
You also won't find any album art, Cover Flow, or other eye-candy. If that's what you're looking for, you've got an abundance of options elsewhere.
So what will you find here?
Playlister is a stable and lightweight yet powerful app designed with only one purpose in mind; to let you listen to your music where, when, and how you want. It even works with Chromecast and Android Auto!
• Play your music grouped by Artist, Album, or in random order
• Cast your favorite songs to any Chromecast device
• Listen to and control your music while driving with full Android Auto integration
• Quickly search for tracks by Artist, Album, or title
• Send tracks, Artists, and Albums to custom playlists
• Intuitive drag/drop reordering of custom playlists
• Fast saving and loading of custom playlists
• Easily control playback from your phone's lock screen
• Easily control playback using the buttons on your headphones (if/when present)
• Smart randomization ensures you'll never hear a song twice before you've heard every other song at least once
• Remembers your current playback settings across sessions, app restarts, and device restarts; never lose your place, unless you want to!
Install playlister and start enjoying your music again, today!
Most interactions with playlister should be fairly intuitive; tap on what you want, and it will happen. There are a few finer points to be aware of, however:
• To reorder a custom playlist using drag/drop, tap and hold on the item you want to move.
• To reorder a custom playlist using other options, quickly double-tap on the item you want to move.
• To quickly stop background playback, simply dismiss the playlister notification from your lock screen/notification drawer.
• To search and to save/load/clear a custom playlist, tap the "..." icon in the upper-right of the screen.
• The very first time you run playlister, you'll be prompted for media permissions; please allow 10-15 seconds after granting permission for your media library to load. This only needs to be done once.
Application icon created by Double-J Design
Reference to any particular artist, album, or track in application screenshots or any other promotional material in no way implies association, recommendation, endorsement, or affiliation of any kind.
playlister © 2017 Adam Roth