* No Ads
* Timer option.
* Option to auto-stabilize so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what (see example image shown above).
* Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
* Flash on/off/auto/torch.
* Choice of focus modes (including macro).
* Touch to select focus and metering area.
* Face detection option.
* Choice of front/back camera.
* Choose scene modes, color effects, white balance and exposure compensation.
* Choice of camera and video resolution, and JPEG image quality. Support for all resolutions offered by the camera. Also support for 4K UHD (3840x2160) video on some devices (experimental - may not work on some devices!).
* Video recording (with optional audio).
* Burst mode, with configurable delay.
* Option to silence the shutter.
* GUI works in any orientation without any pause when changing orientation. Option to optimise for left and right-handed users.
* Configurable volume keys (to take picture, zoom, or change exposure compensation).
* Choice of save folder (though note Google have blocked write access to external SD cards in Android 4.4, see http://bit.ly/1eTBWCx ).
* Configurable on-screen display shows battery, time, remaining device memory, orientation and direction of camera; also option to overlay a choice of grids (including "rule of thirds").
* Preview aspect ratio can be set either to maximise the preview display size, or match the aspect ratio of the photo/video resolution (so what you see is what is actually recorded).
* Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos, including compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
* Support for external microphones (may not be supported by all devices).
* Instructions available from http://joeunsemu.com/android/tcp/
* unlike most Android apps.
(Some features may not be available on all devices, as they may depend on hardware features, or the Android version.)
Please contact me if you encounter any problems, or have any suggestions for improvements - either email, or post at http://joeunsemu.com/android/tcp/