- Interactive global access to more than 95 geologic maps, with more being added weekly
- Instant access to geologic and geographic summaries of your current location via a Dashboard
- Links to the published literature containing mentions of the geologic units you are observing (when available) via GeoDeepDive
- Elevation data for most points on Earth from SRTM1
- Ability to record your own observations, in both online and offline modes
- Add your own observations with or without the selectable context provided by Macrostrat and the Paleobiology Database
- Record strike and dip for geologic features, using your phone's compass or your own compass
- Track your progress through the geologic record privately, or share it with others
- Watch the public activity of other users as they make and share observations
Rockd is produced by the Macrostrat lab in the Department of Geoscience at the University of Wisconsin - Madison. Support provided by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the Dept. of Geoscience.
Experiencing issues? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help you resolve it.