With both the audio narration performed by amazing actors and the text, you can go back-and-forth from reading at the breakfast table, to listening while you commute to work, and reading again before bedtime. Just tap, and you can easily shift from one to the other—or follow along in the text as you listen!
“Romeo and Juliet” is the most iconic love story of all time, and is one of Shakespeare’s most beloved plays. With it, Shakespeare created the first tragic love story; before “Romeo and Juliet”, romance was not viewed as a worthy topic for tragedy. Today, romance is used as a theme in virtually every tragic or dramatic movie, play, book, and television show that is written, due greatly in part to “Romeo and Juliet”.
Cast of L.A. Theatre Works performance:
Calista Flockhart as Juliet
Matthew Wolf as Romeo
Julie White as Nurse
Alan Mandell as Friar Laurence
Richard Chamberlain as Prince Escalus
Nicholas Hormann as Lord Capulet
Josh Stamberg as Mercutio
Mark J. Sullivan as Benvolio and others
Logan Fahey as Tybalt and Balthasar
Alfred Molina as Chorus
Henry Clarke as Paris and others
Lily Knight as Lady Capulet
Janine Barris as Young Lady, Boy Page to Paris and others
Darren Richardson as Sampson and Peter
Alan Shearman as Lord Montague and others
André Sogliuzzo as Gregory and others
Sarah Zimmerman as Lady Montague and others
Everything is built especially for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch, and you will enjoy the extensive features that come as part of the Folium enhancedAudio™ experience.
FEATURES: This app includes a stellar performance of “Romeo and Juliet” with sound effects and music, presented by L.A. Theatre Works, one of world's leading producers of recorded drama
• EXPERIENCE. About a 3 hour performance. Created as a Folium PiP™ edition, this book includes the text as an enrobed, non–detachable accompaniment to the audio.
• “EXTRAS”. Information about “Romeo and Juliet” and William Shakespeare, as well as full cast bios.
• FUN STUFF. The app includes a collection of puzzles related to the play.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airplane-ready and subway-friendly! Once downloaded, listen uninterrupted without threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just minutes, but depend upon your network speed.