Did you know?
– A leopard’s tail is as long as it’s body.
– Southern African ground squirrels whistle loudly when they sense danger.
– Lions roar so loudly that they can be heard nearly 10 km away!
Learn these and other interesting facts about southern Africa’s animal kingdom with the Sasol Mammals for Beginners app.
Quick and convenient, this app highlights the animals you are likely to spot while hiking up the mountain, on a trip to the coast, or while visiting a national park or nature reserve for a safari adventure. From the ‘Big 5’ to the commonly seen ocean mammals, this app has it covered.
The app is perfect for beginners, or someone visiting the region for a short while. It includes beautiful photos, videos, animal calls, maps and easy-to-read information about the animals (including their conservation status).
It includes 5 free species accounts. The remaining 41 species can be unlocked with a single in-app purchase. The size of the app is about 140 mb, as it includes all 46 species in the initial download.
• Easy to use, navigate and search
• Contains 46 species
• About 240 images
• Videos and animal calls included where available
• Available in Afrikaans as Sasol Eerste Veldgids Soogdiere