Design your photo compositions...before heading out.
Often times, outdoor scape photographers will compose their images based on the lens at hand (nothing wrong with that). This tool offers the option to go the other way around - it will help them decide what lens (e.g. focal length) they'll need to create the landscape, seascape, or cityscape images they want. It allows them to experiment with different vantage points and framing to see subject placements, as well as what's in the background and foreground. This map-centric app is a photo compositional aid to supplement on-location scouting to answer the often asked questions of what focal length to use and where the shooting spot should be, before actually heading out.
- Shows focal length for your framing and selected camera.
- Frame in either landscape or portrait orientations.
- Reports horizontal, vertical, and diagonal angles and fields of views.
- Shows camera to subject and foreground distances.
- Many camera makes and models to choose from, or enter your own sensor sizes.
- View map in standard, satellite, or hybrid modes.
- Search for addresses or place descriptions on map.
- Create a list of your favorite camera and subject locations, framing, and other settings for future reference. (A photographer's bucket list.)