The application focuses on understanding causal relations and temporal relations within a sentence, in a variety of linguistic forms: because, therefore, first and afterwards, before, after and so on.
The purpose of Sentence-it! is to serve as a bridge between thought and conduct in everyday life by making logical thought accessible to special needs children. This purpose will be realized through use of the application, which is an open tool for learning and practicing various relationships as they are expressed in language and in the user’s environment.
Practice with Sentence-it! strengthens the understanding of relations between behaviors and their outcomes, thus supporting skills related to the development of Theory of Mind (ToM) capabilities.
The imparting and practice are conducted through the use of content which is relevant for the child. Language representations are presented in text, illustration or photograph and narration.
Sentence-it! offers the stage of imparting knowledge and short games at several levels of difficulty. The level of difficulty is adjustable to the user’s level of understanding.
Sentence-it! enables the teacher or parent to integrate personal content from the child’s world.
Why is the Sentence-it! application suitable for special needs?
1. Sentence-it! is a tool which enables the teacher / therapist to select the logical relationship he wishes to practice, its verbal representation and the content suitable for the student.
2. Sentence-it! is an open tool which enables the teacher / therapist to add content from the student’s world.
3. Personal adaptation of difficulty level – the possibility of personally adapting the level of difficulty in accordance with the student’s needs.
4. Personal adaptation of representations – multidimensional presentation of picture, text and narration and the possibility of selecting the representation or representations suitable for each user.
5. Adapted design – age respectful design, suitable for the population, with few distractions and accessible transfer of information.
6. Clear and friendly interface inviting the user to operate independently.
7. Convenient interface for teacher / therapist, which enables the fast and easy creation of suitable content.
8. Built-in reinforcement in the course of practice, which enhance the sense of capability as well as the logical relationships practiced.
Visit our website http://www.snapps.cet.ac.il
Do you have any questions? We are here to answer them. Email us at Snapps@cet.ac.il