The SketchBook drawing and rendering engine was designed to use the full computing power of every Android device, especially those with a stylus and GPU. Rapid UI mode lets your free hand pull up interface elements when needed for the largest possible workspace on your tablet.
The list of tools in SketchBook is vast, but a few standouts that will help make you a better artist include:
• Radial Symmetry: Product designers and mandala makers alike love the ability to draw once and replicate their lines up to 16 times using Radial Symmetry.
• Predictive Stroke: Draw a line and our Predictive Stroke assertive technology will make your line straight. Draw a basic shape and it will make your circles, rectangles, and triangles more precise. If you're drawing freehand, it will add just the right amount of smoothing to curved lines. Don't need help? Turn it down or turn it off.
• Ruler and Ellipse: Perspective is everything in drawing, and our Ruler and Ellipse tool will help ensure you're realizing the correct positioning, size, rotation, and aspect ratio.
• Full Layer Support: SketchBook opens and exports Photoshop documents (PSD files) natively, preserving layer names and blending modes.
• Scan Sketch: With a quick snap of your device's camera, SketchBook can transform your paper-based line drawings into digital form. Great for getting new life out of old drawings or for making the transition to an all-digital workflow.
• Autosave and infinite Undo: There's nothing worse than losing your work, and there's nothing better than being able to step back in your workflow a few dozen times to give it another go. SketchBook saves both your work and your patience.
A SketchBook subscription is a simple way to ensure you get the best SketchBook experience on all your devices. As a subscriber, you get every new feature, every update, every tool, and the ability to use SketchBook on any device. Purchase a subscription here in Google Play and your SketchBook subscription will unlock the Pro toolset on all your other devices. If your Android device is your only drawing device, you can unlock the Pro toolset by purchasing “Pro Tools” in app.
Dive into the new SketchBook and discover your new favorite drawing app. Let us know what you think, and show us what you made, by connecting with us on Facebook (autodesksketchbook), Instagram (@autodesksketchbook), and Twitter (@sketchbookapp).