- the app will listen to the note and tell you if you were correct
- get statistics on your session performance
- choose which key / octave range to practice
- works with any instrument tuned to the key of C (tested with piano, violin, guitar, voice)
- can be used to train sight-singing
- options to turn on visual prompts (show note name) for beginners and audio prompts (play tone) for sight-singing training
- requires basic music theory knowledge
Tips for good note detection:
- play loud and clear with stringed instruments - when playing softly the app is confused by harmonics.
- mute the string between notes - if each note is played too long, the app will wrongly detect the tail end of the previous note.
- use the auto detection feature in mic settings to pick the threshold - you can tweak it later manually.
**using key signature is disabled in the free version - only accidentals displayed**
**requires microphone permissions to determine note pitch**
Pro version - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.learnedapps.soundsightreading.pro