Our core work focuses significantly on health and care services in addition to community-led disaster risk preparedness and reduction priorities. SARCS also implements further programs that are of international significance, that is, the restoration of Family Links, Dissemination of the Fundamental Principles and International Humanitarian Law (IHL). These programs are crucial if the SA Red Cross Society is to be responsible during peacetime and times of conflict.
The Red Cross is guided by seven fundamental principles: Humanity, Impartiality Independence, Unity, Voluntary Service, Neutrality and Universality.
Over and above this, the society offers training that is approved by the Department of Labour, HWSETA such as; CPR, First Aid Level 1,2,3, Occupational Health and Safety, Home Based Care, only to mention a few. SARCS recruits, trains and deploys volunteers to attend to situations where and when there is a need.
Get insight and precise information on our work at a touch of a button.
The SARCS app will link you both with the organization and with other app users from around the world.
* Through this app you can:
- Receive emergency alerts
- Get instant information and news about SARCS, its activities, as well as comment and send feedback
- Apply for membership to the Society, open to everyone
- Enrol in, as well as get, information on courses offered by SARCS Training Department
- Get updates on current events for your area
- Be informed about specific projects carried out by SARCS
- Buy SARCS merchandise
- Sign up to become a volunteer for SARCS and engage in various organizational activities