Note: You are unable to save, print, or email your stories with StoryMaker FREE. To keep everything you create and let friends and family see what you have made, upgrade to StoryMaker.
StoryMaker has two screens — Create Story and Tell Story. In Create Story you make your stories, and edit and change them. In Tell Story you read, tell, and talk about your stories. For extra fun, record your voice and other sounds and have everyone listen to your stories.
• Create all the color picture and photo stories (and more) that you can imagine
• Choose from over 800 places, people, and items
• Include your own personal photos
• Add your own drawings and handwriting
• Name your story and type text on each story page
• Change and edit stories
• Record your voice and other sounds
• Share stories with others by telling and reading them aloud
• Turn the story pages just like a book or play them automatically
Teachers and parents can use StoryMaker to help children learn by making the following pages/worksheets and having the kids practice specific skills.
• RECOGNIZING OBJECTS – Naming pictures/objects on a page
• VOCABULARY – Identifying + reading pictures/photos with words underneath
• SENTENCE MAKING – Reading short sentences
• READING – Reading simple picture/photo stories
• SPELLING – Writing or spelling out loud the name of objects
• SENTENCE COMPLETION – Completing partial sentences by adding endings
• GRAMMAR – Filling in blanks on grammar specific phrases/sentences (verbs, nouns, pronouns, adverbs, adjectives, prepositions, etc.)
• ARTICULATION and PHONOLOGY– Saying target sounds in words, phrases, and sentences
• STORY BUILDING – Write + telling own stories by following proper story building skills (beginning, characters, setting, story starter, events, etc.)
• LISTENING + STORY RETELL – Adult reads stories and children retell them in their own words
• SOCIAL SKILLS - Identifying appropriate/inappropriate behavior in social situations