It displays supersized icons and large app labels on a smartphone or tablet.
A dynamic wheel swirls every app into an area where you can easily see and touch it.
Here’s how to Swirl on a touch screen:
* Watch the swirling apps
* Tap an app to launch
* Use the Back Button to return to the Swirl
* Swipe a curve on the Swirl to turn it to a new angle
* Fling the Swirl to send it swirling again
* Use the Back Button to dismiss the Swirl itself
Better not try and hit a fast moving app:
* Rather stop, place & tap:
(stop) touch-and-hold to stop the swirling
(place) swipe a curve to place the target well
(tap) lift, then tap the target
* A fast moving app will stop swirling instead of launch when tapped
The app icons expand as they approach the focus area at the top of the screen and shrink again when receding from it. The name of the app currently in focus is shown lower down at the centre of the Swirl. New apps enter the Swirl discreetly at the bottom. Once every app has passed through focus, the Swirl repeats.
Please rate the Swirl Launcher on Google Play once you have tried it. We also welcome your comments.
Suggestions for new features will be added to the Launcher wish list and carefully considered for inclusion. Due to our preference for simplicity, we do not guarantee that any particular feature request will be implemented. Bug fixes will be prioritized.
Advanced Swirl interaction hints:
* Curved swiping can be extended to cover multiple rotations around the centre of the Swirl.
* When swirling really fast, look at the smaller icons to anticipate the opportunity to grab an app.
* Swirl has been developed primarily for the tiny screens of smartwatches. Use of this preview on large screens may be unsatisfactory.
* Swirl's magnification may result in pixelization of some icons, if they are not in scalable graphic format. The publisher of an app controls the format.
Patent applications are pending on Swirl interaction.
Please visit https://swirl.design for details.