Connect, Configure & Control Switchmate, SWMbright, SWMpower, Zip (coming soon), and our future devices all in one place. Setup, toggling, setting preferences like timers and Welcome Home, and more!
We are constantly improving and adding new features and would love to hear your feedback, we're listening!
- Control your existing switches or power ports
- Timers: automatically turn your switches or plugs on/off at preset times
- Welcome Home: automatically turn on switches or plugs of your choosing when you get home
- Updates: get over the air firmware updates for your Switchmate device(s) to make sure you have the latest/greatest
- Voice Control: Use the mic icon in the app to control your lights with your voice, see below for more details!
- (SWMpower) Remote Control of your device away from home! Coming soon ability to change settings and also control Switchmates in range!
Some of the Features we're working on:
- Google Home & Alexa Direct Compatibility currently in Review!
- Widgets: Add them to your Home Screen so you don't have to open the app to toggle switches or use voice commands! (Aug)
- Grouping: Create & control groups of devices together. (Sep)
- Timeout: Automatically turn off a switch after X amount of time! (Aug/Sept)
- Android Wear: Because who doesn't want to use their watch to do all this? (Late Sept)
- API & Tasker/IFTTT Plugins: Per your requests, we're still in the early planning stages on this one but we're working on it! (Late Aug/Sept)
Voice Control Feature:
You can click the Microphone icon in the app and simply say your command - voice activation tries to first match by the switch name that shows in your list of devices (and you can change under Device Settings), but if it can't find that it will try to match to the location you selected when you first setup your Switchmate(s). And you can even use "all" to control all switches within range! Here are some examples:
"Turn Kenny's Room light off"
"Turn on my living room lights"
"Turn all my lights off"
We covered a good amount of variation in voice commands but if you find one that doesn't work definitely let us know and we'll see what we can do to get it added in!
- Location Permissions are unfortunately required for BLE by Android - we're huge on privacy and unfortunately there is no way around not requiring Location to be enabled on Android because we cannot scan for BLE devices without it, and that is why the app will not function without it. Beyond that we do use location data only when Welcome Home is enabled so we can tell you're nearing home in order to optimize battery (so we're not looking for Switchmates all the time!). This data is often cached from other apps and we simply grab that data so in most cases we aren't making new location checks - it's not transmitted off your phone to us at all.
- Background Service & Waking your device permissions are also used for Welcome Home so we can ping your Switchmate to let it know you're home without the app needing to be open.
- Internet permissions are used for checking for firmware updates & sending us crash reports (via Google Crashlytics)
- Bluetooth & WiFi permissions are required for communicating with your Switchmate devices.
- Switchmate Device(s) of course!
- Android 4.4.4 is required so we can use Bluetooth Low Energy in order to save a lot of battery!
Switchmate devices are currently only sold in the US and Canada