Tamburlaine is rated by Australia’s leading wine authority, James Halliday, as a 5 star winery in the 2009 edition of the Australian Wine Companion, 9 of our wines rated 90 points or above, and the winery was nominated as one of the ‘Ten dark horse’ wineries.
In the 2010 edition we gained the added distinction of having our 5 stars turn ‘red’ due to our consistent 5 star rating!
Download Tamburlaine winery App to access the App function & Features:
• Complete list of our Wines range
• Cellar Door, opening & closing hours
• Interactive Map to our Wineries’ locations
• Wine Events & Activities
• Awards & Reviews
• Wedding, Functions & Events Packages
• About us and our people,
• Distributors of our Wines (local & International “our Export Market”)
• What to do around our winery (attractions, hotels, food and drinks)
• Photo Gallery
• Member’s Club
• Partners & useful links
• Direct interaction with our winery (Sending photos & Voice Messages)
• Videos & Social Media interaction (YouTube, Facebook & Twitter)
• Testimonials and much more…
Tamburlaine is Australia’s largest producer of organic wines, although not a large winery in world terms. The winery was established in 1966 in the renowned Pokolbin district of the Hunter Valley.
In 1985, a small group of friends and relatives, led by Managing Director and Chief Winemaker, Mark Davidson, purchased the Pokolbin, Hunter Valley winery and vineyard from its founder, Dr Lance Allen.
Ten years later, in 1995, Tamburlaine expanded its production and quality base through the acquisition of prime vineyard land in the emerging cool climate Orange wine region in the Central Tablelands of New South Wales. Up to 70% of the annual production now comes from Orange.
Tamburlaine has always held a unique customer service position amongst Australian wineries, and as a result has a substantial and loyal group of wine club members
Although the Members’ Reserve range of wines remain exclusively sold direct from the vineyard, with a current output of 100,000 cases per year, Tamburlaine now also supplies other wines from its portfolio to the rapidly growing Australian Trade and Export markets
Download our Free App and visit Tamburlaine winery to taste our wines.