Whimsically designed by Peter H. Reynolds, DHL (best-selling author/illustrator of The Dot, Ish, Sky Color and The North Star, and illustrator of the Judy Moody series by Megan McDonald), the North Star Smart Stars Survey is designed to help students see that there are many ways of being smart and learning. Teachers may use this creative, self-reporting tool, which produces a charming, animated constellation displaying survey results, for a strengths-based approach to teaching.
This child-friendly survey, inspired by Howard Gardner's multiple intelligences theory, includes 9 categories of "smart": Word, Number, Picture, Music, Body, Self, People, Nature, and Spirit.
Features and Benefits:
• Answer a series of questions to produce a beautiful, personalized, animated "constellation" of child’s Smart Stars
• Learn about relative strengths in each of the subject areas
• Print out constellations, export as images or PDF files, and send them via email
• Great for classroom use - save unlimited number of constellations with option to edit later (multiple users can save within the one app)
• Customize constellation by dragging stars into unique formations
• Includes bonus gallery of 10 inspirational mini-posters by Peter H. Reynolds – with easy export options
• Discover more information about the North Star Approach to teaching and learning, practiced in classrooms around the world
Using the app's results, teachers can creatively customize class activities for different students. For example, if certain students are very "Music Smart" or "Picture Smart", a teacher can integrate music or art into the lesson plan in a way they know will engage a student more effectively.
The North Star Smart Stars Survey is based on Peter H. Reynolds’ award-winning book and film The North Star, as well as his work with 3rd grade classroom teacher Sue Pandiani, co-author of The North Star Classroom Resource Guide (FableVision Learning). For over 15 years, The North Star has helped teachers encourage students to become self-directed learners and envision a future full of possibility. All life-long learners will find value in exploring their personal interests and strengths through this playful, life-shaping app.
"Everyone will fall in love with The North Star, as I have. If only every individual could find and follow his or her own star — and be encouraged to do so. How different the world would be. The North Star moves us in that direction."
— Dr. Jane Goodall, Scientist and Chimp Researcher
FableVision Learning is always listening! If you have any ideas or questions about this app, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us online at www.fablevisionlearning.com