Yamaha's THR series are terrific little amplifiers. Unfortunately they only have the ability to store 5 patches on-board. The only way you can access more than 5 patches is hook your amp up to a PC or Mac and install Yamaha's THR Editor application. In addition, some of the amplifier effects such as the compressor are only accessible through Yamaha's PC application.
Introducing the THR Librarian for Android. Simply attach your Android phone or tablet to your amplifier using a USB On-The-Go adapter, and you can switch between patches and edit them right from your device.
What you need:
- An Android phone or Tablet that supports USB On-The-Go.
- A Yamaha THR5, THR5A, THR10, THR10C or THR10X amplifier.
- The USB cable that came with your amplifier.
- A USB OTG adapter. If your phone has a USB Micro-AB connector, you will need an adapter like this one: http://a.co/3mustjw. If your phone has a USB Type-C connector, you will need an adapter like this one: http://a.co/hSyMego.
The free version of the app allows you to test your setup and load the built-in demo patches. An in-app purchase is offered if you wish to unlock the full feature set, which will allow you to:
- Download patches from your amplifier.
- Modify all of the parameters available on your amp, including ones not directly accessible such as the compressor. The editor also changes in real-time as you adjust the parameters on your amp.
- Organize your patches using labels, just like in GMail. Use labels to tag your favorite patches, or create a set list for a live performance.
- Use the hotkey feature in combination with a Bluetooth HID keyboard or pedal board for hands-free patch switching.
- Import patches from .YDP and .YDP files.
- Rename and delete patches.
- Share patches via email, Google Drive, Android Beam, etc.
Please note that prior to v2.10 each feature was available for purchase individually. Many users found this to be confusing, so as of v2.10 the features have been combined into one single purchase.
Note: This app is not affiliated with or endorsed by Yamaha Corporation in any way. THR is a registered trademark of Yamaha Corporation.