Trankil is a free meditation app using the writings and quotes of James Allen; who is best known for the book As a Man Thinketh. Trankil will help you meditate, practice mindfulness and 1 minute equal breathing exercises during the excitement of daily life; all within 5 minutes.
Trankil is designed with simplicity in mind for users with busy daily schedules who find it difficult to stop, reflect and meditate during the day. Meditation sessions are 5 minutes in length to allow you to take a breather, clear your head before or after meetings, during your commute home, before or after lunch and return to your activities quickly.
Each session contains composition from James Allen book(s): Morning and Evening Thoughts (1909) and James Allen’s Book of Meditations for Every Day in the Year (1913). The text from each book are assigned to a day and a time period within the day. Morning thoughts from the book Morning and evening thoughts are available between 12AM to 11:59AM. Daily thoughts from the book James Allen’s Book of Meditations for Every Day in the Year are available between 12PM and 5:59PM. Evening thoughts from the book Morning and Evening Thoughts are available between 6PM and 11:59PM. Meditation sessions updated daily based on the date of the text and time of the day.
For example, below is the daily meditation thought (between 12PM and 6PM) assigned to January 1:
"The way front passion to peace is by overcoming one’s self.
Frequently the man of passion is most eager to put others right; but the man of wisdom puts himself right. If one is anxious to reform the world, let him begin by reforming himself. The reformation of self does not end with the elimination of the sensual elements only ; that is its beginning. It ends only when every vain thought and selfish aim is overcome. Short of perfect purity and wisdom, there is still some form of self-slavery or folly which needs to be conquered.
On the wings of aspiration man rises from earth to heaven, from ignorance to knowledge, from the under darkness to the upper light. Without it he remains a groveling animal, earthly, sensual, unenlightened, and uninspired.
Aspiration is the longing for heavenly things."
Audio of text is available in each meditation session, accompanied by relaxing background music. Additionally, sessions include the option for 1 minute equal breathing exercises.
All content is free to use.
If you would like to schedule daily reminders you can subscribe, and payment will be applied to your Google account with confirmed purchase from the Google Play Store. Trankil will provide daily notification reminders to meditate and ads will be removed.
*** Meditation sessions best experienced with headphones ***
- Over 365 audio of compositions from author James Allen
- Free use of daily meditation sessions
- Updates to meditation content three times a day
- Relaxing ambient music/sounds of nature during meditation session
- 1 minute guided equal breathing practice
- Share Daily meditations with others
- Change color theme to have a black background with white text or colorful gradients
- Swipe left to close application easily and quickly
- Remove all ads
- Daily reminders when meditations are scheduled (alarms are approximate)
- Schedule meditations once a day using: James Allen’s book of Meditations for Every Day in the Year
- Schedule meditations twice a day using: Morning and evening thoughts
- Schedule meditations three times a day using: Both James Allen’s book of Meditations for Every Day in the Year and Morning and evening thoughts
- Trankil subscription price: $0.99 per month
- Price reflects United States of America currency. Price may differ in other countries.