"Trento - The City in Your Pocket", the official app of the Municipality of Trento, renovates completely, presenting a new look, with a more intuitive user interaction, and with a faster and more dynamic content update mode, that allows to always show up-to-date information and provide services tailored to the needs of the user.
The current version is aimed primarily at tourists, but soon the app will integrate a set of functionalities that are specific for residents.
- Information about the city (history, statistics , recurring events, ...)
- Information on the cultural offerings (historic buildings, museums, churches, nature , archeology, ...)
- Information about events (exhibitions, fairs, shows, competitions, conferences, ...)
- Information on tourist trails
- Information about hotels and restaurants
- Information on general purpose services (tourist card , free wi-fi, pharmacies, emergency numbers, tourism offices, information for impaired people, ...)
- Visualization of geo-referenced content on a map
- Filtering, sorting, searching and sharing of contents
- Possibility to get in touch directly by mail/phone/web, whenever possible
- Link to the app ViaggiaTrento for the latest information on mobility (timetables and delays of public transport, parkings, ...)
- Ability to save their favorite content
The app is developed in close collaboration with the Municipality of Trento and is the result of a joint initiative involving the Consortium of Trentino Municipalities, Bruno Kessler Foundation and the Smart Campus project. Such initiative aims to provide to all the Trentino municipalities the opportunity to acquire an app like "Trento - The City in Your Pocket".