Android 7 users: you should enable VR Gamepad at Android Settings -> General Management -> Language and input -> Virtual keyboard -> Manage keyboards -> Enable VR Gamepad (as there is no direct link anymore).
It is required to install this app on two phones:
- VR Controller (old phone)
- VR Headset (new phone for VR games).
The app does NOT require root permission.
This VR Controller is compatible with Google Cardboard, Samsung Gear VR and other Android VR headsets.
It is optimized for "blind" use while wearing VR headset - all buttons have a larger hot spot areas with vibro feedback and the navigation pad works like a physical stick (joystick).
1. Install and Start this app on two phones (NEW phone and OLD phone).
2. Click on blue Bluetooth icon to pair phones.
3. NEW Phone: Click on "VR Headset" icon and then add/enable "VR Controller Keypad" keyboard. Android 7 users: you should enable VR Gamepad at Android Settings -> General Management -> Language and input -> Virtual keyboard -> Manage keyboards -> Enable VR Gamepad (as there is no direct link anymore)..
4. OLD Phone: Click on "VR Controller" icon and then "Connect" button.
5. VR Gamepad on OLD Phone should be connected to NEW phone.
5. Play a game on NEW phone, control it by OLD phone!
Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Like the app: https://www.facebook.com/vrcontroller
Tested VR Games:
VR Games that we have already tested with VR Controller (and confirmed working):
- Minecraft VR (check our Facebook page for key mapping, settinigs)
- Dreadhalls/Dreadhalls Demo
- Hardcode VR
- Zombie Alien Hunter VR
- Temple Run VR
- Sniper VR
- The Dark Inside
- Shark VR
- VR Fantasy
- Shadowgun VR
- Alien Attack VR
- Nitro Nation Cardboard
- Smash Hit
- Poly Runner VR
- Star VR Racer (up/down for left/right turns)
- House of Terror VR (A - action, B - move)
- Zombiestan VR (reconfigure keys mapping inside a game: walk W,A,S,D -> up/left/down/right navigation on joystick buttons, A - attack, B - change weapon, look buttons leave unchanged).
Disclaimer: some games do not have proper gamepad support.
You can refund within 2 hours after the purchase if the app does not fit your needs.
Use Google Play Family Library to install the app on the second phone for free.
You can use VR Controller for education as well - e.g. control a VR simulation in a classroom.
Are you a blogger or vlogger? Contact us to receive a free license!
Are you a game developer and would like to support VR Controller in your game? Contact us for key mapping!