The app's algorithm is based on Danish professor Jakob Stoustrup's thesis/assumption that your body weight changes as a direct function of the amount of food your eat (as in "the Math Diet"): All you have to do is to weigh yourself and preferably the food you eat.
You are allowed to eat any kind of food (but preferably healthy of course). You will not need to estimate or count calories - just weigh the food.
The app has a number of neat features:
* Supports metric and imperial units. Experimental support for calories.
* Weigh yourself every day and get guidance for your food intake.
* Controls you body mass by weighing your body mass and food intake or just by body weighing (experimental).
* Lists of food aand liquids help when you cannot weigh your food.
* Swift feedback concerning food and liquid intake status.
* Guidance in food intake for weight maintenance, weight gain, or weight loss.
* Support for weight control during women's periods.
* Prognosis and analysis of weight development and food intake.
* Quick guidance to recover your weight status after a holiday or a social event.
* English and Danish language support.
* Online extended help/FAQ.
* Offline help to get started.
Your data belongs to you and is not shared with anyone else: everything is kept on your private device. Your data is not transmitted to anyone or any other device at any time.
THE WEIGHT CONTROLLER APP SHALL IN NO WAY BE CONSIDERED AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE MEDIAL ADVICE PROVIDED BY A HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL FOR CONTROLLING YOUR FOOD INTAKE AND/OR BODY WEIGHT.
PRIOR TO USING THE APP YOU SHOULD CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR DOCTOR. YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE EFFECT OF USING THE APP ON YOURSELF OR OTHERS.
THE APP IS TARGETING HEALTHY ADULTS AND SHOULD UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE USED ON OR BY CHILDREN OR ANIMALS.
NO GUARANTIES FOR WEIGHT CHANGE OR MAINTENANCE APPLIES.