This is the next generation of Instant Wild, which mobilises people power to scale up important animal monitoring work, helping scientists to protect wildlife and secure a richer biodiversity for all!
What rare species will you find?
* View and identify images and video transmitted live from the field and contribute to conservation research wherever you are.
* Follow projects to support conservation work that you’re specifically interested in and curate your own feed on your home page.
* Gain badges, work towards being one of our daily Top Spotters and get shout outs for your hard work.
* See exactly how many animals – including endangered ones - you’ve spotted and save favourite images to your profile.
* Check out the leaderboards to see how you stack up against those leading the way in species identification both overall and for the rarest sightings.
* See latest news on Instant Wild and stay up to date with the latest conservation news from the Instant Wild team.
* Join our bustling Instant Wild community and discuss what’s been spotted in each photograph.
* Receive alerts to keep you updated on the latest from projects you follow.
* Share the most interesting images and videos on social media.
How it works:
Motion triggered cameras are a crucial tool for monitoring animal populations and movements, and this information allows us to develop methods for conserving them. As an animal moves past one of our Instant Wild cameras it will trigger, taking a photo which is immediately sent back to the app in real time for identification by you. Identifying thousands of images takes time but with your help we can identify even more species and help to protect them.
You don’t need any qualifications or special expertise to take part – lots of help is provided to make sure you make the right identification – simply sign up and start tagging the animals in the images.
Your involvement will not only contribute to conservation, making you part of our ZSL community, you’ll also get a window into the some of the world’s wildest places.
Instant Wild is a Zoological Society of London (ZSL) Initiative.
Founded in 1826, ZSL is a global conservation charity with a mission to conserve the planet's wildlife and their habitats. With two Zoos, a renowned Institute of Zoology and over 50 conservation projects worldwide, ZSL uses ground-breaking science to fuel life-changing conservation.