The language portal bab.la is a free online platform for language lovers and an online community of global citizens. We have 44 dictionaries for 28 languages, blog articles about life abroad, language games and quizzes, verb conjugation for 12 languages, phrase books for university, business or travel, an internship platform and many other language-related products.
In April 2015 bab.la joined the Oxford Dictionaries family when Oxford University Press became our parent company. Oxford and bab.la share a vision and mission to deliver quality language-related content to a global community.
In 2017, bab.la launched its online magazine Living Abroad for young multilingual expats coming to grips with life in a foreign country.
We are always happy to hear feedback from you and whenever possible implement your suggestions to make bab.la a better, more efficient and more pleasant product for you to use. Don't hesitate to drop us a line! If you are enthusiastic about languages and want to work with us in Hamburg, check our Jobs page for more information.
1. A language portal available in 28 languages
2. 44 bilingual dictionaries
3. An online magazine about life abroad
4. Millions of tips about moving and travelling to a new country
5. Billions of context sentences to illustrate our translations
6. Hundreds of language quizzes and games
7. Phrase books for traveling & business
8. Conjugation tables in 12 languages
9. Internship offers all over the world
10. An enthusiastic team of multilingual globetrotters
ENGLISH ONLINE DICTIONARIES
English - Spanish
English - Japanese
Russian – English
German – Chinese