South Australian Radar Alert (SARA) is an application which detects speed cameras or radars (mobile cameras, static speed cameras and red light cameras) using information published daily by the South Australian Police Department.
This information covers the Adelaide region as well as country locations throughout South Australia.
1. If you just installed the app you will need to grant permissions (when requested) for SARA to access your current location.
2. Explore the settings page and set the following:
Alert Mobile Cameras (on/off) - SARA alerts you when approaching a mobile camera location. These locations are updated daily.
Alert Fixed Cameras (on/off) - SARA alerts you when approaching a static fixed camera location or red light camera location. These locations are updated daily.
Alert Repeat Count - The number of times SARA will sound an audible alert when a camera location has been detected within your alert zone.
Alert Zone - SARA will alert you when your current location is within the alert zone setting (in metres) of a camera location. We recommend using a 250 metre setting for general metropolitan travel and higher values when travelling on roads outside of the metropolitan area.
Alert Test - A sample test alert to introduce you to SARA.
Auto Centre Map (on/off) - Automatically centre your current location on the map.
3. The help section provides additional information regarding the symbols which appear on the map.
4. Touch any pin on the map to display detailed information for the selected camera location.
--- Features ---
- Daily location updates
- Detects fixed camera locations
- Detects mobile camera locations (full version)
- Adjustable alert zone
- Map follow me
- Voice alerts for detected locations
- Vibration alerts for detected locations
- Voice alerts for estimated speed (full version)
- Ad Free (full version)
- Background mode (from version 3.00)